Wednesday 29 April 2015

Whowhatwear.com 30 day wardrobe challenge

This is a post about a 30 day outfit challenge I stumbled upon whilst perusing the web for fashion inspiration. But since this is my first post about fashion, I thought I'd wax lyrical for a bit as a sort of mini introduction to my love of clothes and style.

Style. It's obviously a very subjective concept, but something that many of us hope to exude in our daily lives. There are celebrities who are generally heralded as having great style - Kate Moss, Olivia Palermo, Clemence Posey, Emma Watson, to name but a few. Of more interest to me personally though, are those mere mortals who have their own unique style. Those people who breeze past you on their way to work who exude confidence and self assurance, who just look "right". You know the ones I mean. I admire people who look effortlessly put together every day. But how do they do it? I have a few theories...

1) They have a personal stylist. This obviously only applies to a minute percentage of privileged society. See aforementioned celebrity icons.

2) They spend hours each evening painstakingly putting together the next day's outfit. I say hours, because I'm anticipating 12 outfit changes and at least one full make up application and removal.

3) Witchcraft

4) The one I don't like to admit to myself.  They have a 'natural' sense of style. Or probably more accurately, a practiced and developed sense of style. Which leads me back to my own quest for the ability to look at my overflowing wardrobe and pull together a daily outfit I'm happy with, as opposed to the far more common occurrence of staring blindly at the mass of fabrics and declaring I've nothing to wear.

When developing any skill, guidance is invaluable. And boy do I need some guidance on my fashion sense. So I began looking at more online fashion articles, reading blogs and following Instagram and Pinterest for outfit inspiration. It was during this research phase that I discovered Whowhatwear.com, a fashion and style website, by following a link to this post. Each day for 30 days, it gives you a specific requirement for your outfit. Broad enough to apply to most people's lifestyle, but particular enough to give some direction, a starting point to make you think about your outfit and sometimes push you out of your comfort zone.
Image HTML map generator
So without further ado, here is my exploration into my first ever 30 day outfit challenge. Click on each image for a link to the day. Since most of my clothes are really old, I've linked to similar items for each look. Let me know if you find a better match!



No comments:

Post a Comment